- Stay at home if you are sick and restrict contact with other people.
- Even at home, remain at least six feet away from other people while you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wear a mask when indoors around other people.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Mild to severe respiratory illness, particularly in older people
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
If you have any of these symptoms: Call your physician or the Florida Department of Health (866-779-6121—open 24/7) for instructions. To limit potential exposure to other patients, do no go to your doctor’s office without calling first.
If you are instructed to go to a doctor’s office or Emergency Department, notify the front desk staff of your symptoms immediately upon arrival so they can provide you with a mask and isolate you.
Tell your health care provider about any recent travel or contact with people who have traveled internationally.
Your health care provider will work with the Florida Department of Health and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
Local Health Department Information
COVID-19 Call Center available 24/7 +1 (866) 779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org